Mackzan, product of DunDeal Limited (company number 6281139), trading as Mackzan, (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service (Mackzan), through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you use Mackzan.
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or functionality.
You can stop the collection of your personal information by cancelling your account, or by ceasing to use our products and services.
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to market our services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve our website and the services and products that we provide to you, including by analysing how you interact with the website and our services and products
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used in relation to our products and services. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
We use Google Analytics. For details on how Google Analytics collects and processes data please see "How Google uses data when your use our partners' sites or apps", located here.